About The client
The client is a popular cab service provider in Lexington, Kentucky, USA. It is a local cab service provider which specializes in cheap local transportation. It was started with a mission to become a Premium cab service company that manages finest of the drivers and employees providing superior customer services. They offer 24X7 customer services with a large fleet of premium vehicles that include sedans and vans. The client has a modern technology infrastructure and an advanced state of the art communications center to service customers and drivers. The center utilizes and advanced GPS for locating and dispatching taxicabs for fast service.
The Client envisioned that that in order to provide their customers superior service experience they require a robust, efficient, highly scalable and easy to access IT infrastructure and wanted an easy booking and tracking access to customers without any hassles. The center utilizes and advanced GPS for locating and dispatching taxicabs for fast service but customers did not benefit from its advanced dispatch center.
The challenges that it faced with its existing setup were:-
- Although dispatch center was advanced with latest gps tracking facilities but since customers did not had access to the facilities of dispatch center, so there was a need for a way to connect dispatch center with the customers
- Mobile users found it rather hard and difficult to book a taxi and there was no way to book a cab easily as the current website was not compatible with mobile and smart phones,
- A need for change in the overall looks and presentation of the website was required because the existing website was not updated and looked monotonous and less appealing.
- Website ranking was very low in search engines because of which it experienced low traffic and eventually it also affected the branding & business.
How the challenge was solved
To address the business challenge, Ajoft created a comprehensive strategy which took into consideration all aspects of the project, including existing market conditions, possible technology feasibility and approaches and engagement models.
- Ajoft created a team of senior analysts to formulate a compelling strategy to acknowledge the challenges of the client
- Ajoft reused existing features of dispatch center using API to provide direct booking facility into the dispatch center right from the website which was also made compatible for mobile phones
- Iphone and andriod apps were made to enable a large community of smart phones users to book the can directly from the apps
- Website was re – engineered to make it user friendly and fast loading
- Internet marketing campaigns were run to ensure easy availability of the company from search engines
The entire strategy included right balance of following technologies and methodologies: Java, SOAP, PHP,XML, AJAX,COCOA, Andriod OS, Jquery and MySql.
The partnership with Ajoft has enabled the service operator to have a secure, robust, multi-purpose, scaled and highly available IT solutions which allows it to serve its customer through an Un-interrupted and reliable service. The company now does not observe disruption in business activities and services since after migrating to the web solution provided by Ajoft.
The Service provider’s availability to the customer has greatly increased. The service has downscaled from computer systems to handhelds so that customers can use the service on the go without any hassle. Any time availability of the service has enabled the company to achieve 100% customer satisfaction and experience and has made the online booking of cabs much easier and hassle free.